Keith M. Remels – Texas Civil Trial and Business Lawyer
Mr. Remels is an experienced lawyer who practices primarily in the areas of business litigation, real estate and business transactional law. He has successfully represented entrepreneurs, business owners and publicly traded companies in and out of the courtroom. Mr. Remels is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has tried numerous jury and non-jury trials to verdict as lead trial counsel. This invaluable experience has enhanced his real estate and business transactional law practice by having the ability to advise clients on potential pitfalls and preventing and avoiding unnecessary litigation. This rare combination of skills has proven to be the winning difference in representing companies in complex business litigation or in the successful completion of important business and real estate transactions. In particular, Mr. Remels has extensive experience in handling disputes between business owners, shareholders, partners, and shareholder derivative suits. He has been recognized for his accomplishments including being listed in Best Lawyers in Houston and Texas Super Lawyers.
Mr. Remels has practiced throughout the United States including handling cases in Alabama, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, Mississippi, New York, Pennsylvania and Florida. He has handled cases in State and Federal Court as well as various Courts of Appeal. Mr. Remels’ past business and trial experience includes:
- Trial verdict in favor of shopping center owner regarding establishment of easement.
- Trial verdict in favor of former CEO and CFO against public company and individual on claims of breach of contract and fraud.
- Trial verdict in favor of client relating to fraud claims arising out of sale of company.
- Trial verdict in favor of company against former shareholder for breach of fiduciary duty and obtained disgorgement of stock.
- Representation of developers of commercial and residential real estate projects, including retail strip centers, office buildings, and condominiums.
- Trial verdict in favor of client on breach of contract case.
- Settlement before trial of personal injury case involving wrongful death on behalf of surviving family members.
- Zero liability defense jury verdict on behalf of corporations in multi-million dollar alter ego case.
- Representation of several sellers in public company roll up transactions.
- Representation of many shareholders and partners in disputes between business owners.
- Zero liability defense jury verdict on behalf of business defendant in personal injury case.
- Trial verdict in favor of commercial landlord establishing personal liability of tenant.
- Trial verdict in favor of company against former employees for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Zero liability defense directed verdict in jury trial on behalf of construction company accused of negligence in property damage case.
- Representation of mobile app developer to protect trade secrets.
- Successful prosecution of claim for specific performance of purchase of downtown Houston commercial building on unsigned earnest money contract.
- Representation of physicians in dispute between owners of long term acute care hospital.
- Successful settlement of claims by real estate broker involving medical office building.
- Successful large settlement in sexual harassment case against company CEO.
- Successful settlement of musical artist royalty case involving major record label over National best selling single.
- Representation of Grammy Award Winning musical artist in defense of claims arising out of tour stop.
- Representation of major independent record distributor in development of distribution agreements.
- Representation of numerous buyers and sellers of privately owned companies.
Mr. Remels was formerly a partner in the law firm of Pollicoff, Smith & Remels, LLP.